- University of California Santa Cruz (’07-’11)
- Bachelor of Arts, Film and Digital Media with Honors (’11)
- FDM Production Concentration Student
- Leonardo Da Vinci High School (’04-’07), Davis Senior High School (’04-’07)
- National Merit Scholar Semiﬁnalist (’06)
- SAT Reasoning: Total 2160, Writing 740, Math 710, Reading 710
October 2011 - Present
Video Editor – aecKnowledge, Inc.
Worked as a video editor at aecKnowledge, a provider of online video content for architects, engineers, and contractors to fulfill their continuing education requirements. Responsible for filming, editing, and encoding video courses, organizing and managing media, assisting in social media marketing, and doing general creative work such as photo-editing, website mockups, etc.
“Podsquad” Promotions Production Intern – The CW Bay Area 44/Cable 12
Interned at The CW in San Francisco. Responsible for, along with two other interns, shooting and editing a weekly online “video- diary” consisting of footage and photos shot at various events around the Bay Area, and of various people giving “shout-outs” to The CW. Some shots aired on broadcast television in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area.
2009 - 2010
Macintosh Systems Administrator – UCSC Student Media
Responsible for maintaining several Macintosh OS X Servers, client machines, and users, in a fast paced student print and television production environment.
Project Resources Assistant – UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Responsible for assisting faculty and staff with their varying project and instructional needs. General office work.
Jun - Nov 2008
eBusiness Multimedia Intern – Plantronics, Inc.
Interned at Plantronics, Inc, the world’s leading creator of headsets, as part of the eBusiness and Web team. Responsible for creating video content, such as unboxing, troublehsooting, and setup videos for the company, as well as maintaining a YouTube channel (youtube.com/PlantronicsTV). Worked in an office environment at the company’s corporate headquarters in Santa Cruz.
2007 - 2008
Macintosh Computing Technician – UCSC Film and Digital Media
Responsible for configuring and maintaining production lab, editing suite, and classroom computers at the UCSC Film Department. Also responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining other video/film related technologies, assisting students and faculty in post-production workflow, and acting as a computer and server systems administrator.
- Filmmaker (Portfolio)
- Video Editor (Apple Final Cut Pro)
- Cinematographer (Professional Video Cameras, HDSLRs, Digital Cinema Cameras)
- Visual Effects Artist (Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Apple Motion)
- Sound Designer (Apple Logic Studio, Apple Final Cut Studio [Soundtrack Pro, Final Cut Pro])
- Photographer (DSLR/mirrorless, 35mm, Medium Format, Cellular/other; see my photos on Flickr)
- Photo Editor (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture)
- Mac IT Specialist (Mac OS X Server, Mac OS X, Final Cut Server)
2007 - 2011
UCSC Film Production Coalition
A large, student-run, film production club at UCSC. During the first half of the school year, FPC’s members divide into groups to create several short films, before coming together in the second half of the year to collaborate on one massive (30-120 minute) project. Was elected Feature Editor (2008), Post-Production Officer (2008-2009), Feature Screenwriter (2009), and Feature Director of Photography (2010), in addition to serving the club in numerous other capacities.